Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LCD screen that I connect with a VGA cable to use as a second monitor. I had a lot of trouble setting it up a long time ago, but somehow it magically setup correctly one day when I rebooted and has worked beautifully for a few months.

I recently changed some settings on my laptop (just disabled/re-enabled some services) and now when I hookup the LCD screen, it makes it my primary monitor with a resolution that it can't handle such that my laptop screen is blank because it is only outputting a signal to the LCD screen. Because the signal is in the wrong format I can't see anything on the LCD screen (it just says 'format not supported') so I can't change my personalization to the correct setting.

I'm doing this through the nVidia control panel and personalization in windows, but the real problem is my computer only detects the tv at start up, or coming out of sleep-mode with the 'force tv detection option' so I can only change settings that affect the tv if the computer has detected it. However, like I said before, once the computer detects it, it defaults to a resolution that doesn't allow me to do anything...it's quite the catch-22.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I could try I'd greatly appreciate it...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.