Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently got myself a new Sony 17" LCD monitor and as yet have not been able to get it to work using DVI. it also has the standard 15 pin input and works fine using that. so far i have tried replacing the dvi cable, replacing the monitor, and have had my vid card sent back to the manufacturer for testing (came back not faulty). ive tried installing and re-installing various drivers to no avail.
if anyone has any idea how to get this to go they would be greatly apreciated.

not sure if it will help at all but my current sys specs are:
MoBo: Gigabyte K7 Triton series (GA-7N400-L)
CPU: AMD Barton 2800+
GPU: Albatron GeForce FX5200 128MB
HDD: Maxtor 60Gb 7200rpm Fluid bearing drive (i forget the model number)
RAM: 512MB Kingston 400Mhz hyperX
also one generic cd rom, generic crt and the Sony HX73 LCD monitor.
well thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Not trying to be funny, but did you unplug the standard 15 pin and plug in ONLY the DVI, and then reboot? Also, there should be a selection button on the monitor itself to switch between channels.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Deathblow makes a good point. My monitor (see system specs in sig below) has on-screen controls and if I have both analog and DVI connecected, it will revert to analog upon reboot so I must manually change it to DVI. Got really bored with that and disconnected analog. Works just fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.