Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been using this HP G70-4+3CL Notebook PC for a while.

System Info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19044, Installed 20220915204634.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives: C: 445 GB (288 GB Free); D: 28 GB (28 GB Free); F: 19 GB (8 GB Free);
Motherboard: Wistron 360C, ver 09.66, s/n 2CE922G6VG
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 1, s/n 2CE922G6VG
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
----------

Fired it up on Thursday (15th) and did Updates and it loaded four new updates. Took over an hour to complete:

Updates:
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5017308)
Feature Update to Windows 10 21H2 via Enablement Package (KB5003791)
Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5007401)
Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1940

Never noticed it before, but Task Manager/Startup reports "Last BIOS time:" This computer reports "Last BIOS time: 0.0 seconds.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

I never really noticed that little bit of information before. I have two other computers and the both report BIOS times in seconds. Just wondering why this computer does not report any BIOS time ?

Don't know if the recent updates had anything to do with it or not. I had not notices the BIOS time before because I didn't know it was reported.

Thanks for any information.

Jerry

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crjdriver,

Thanks for your response.

I checked my system and learned that I am running in Legacy mode. I don't suppose trying to change to UEFI would serve any purpose on a computer this old (Oct 2009)

Sorry, but I don't know what MBR and GPT mean.

Jerry

·
Super Moderator
46,572 Posts
If you change the mode, windows will not boot and you will probably end up having to clean install. There is a method of changing the bios mode without a clean install however it requires at least a moderate skill level. In addition, you would need to be comfortable working in CLI ie the command prompt. There is no GUI to convert from mbr ot gpt (at least not without buying a third-party program)
MBR= Master boot record
GPT= GUID partition table
These refer to how the hard drive is partitioned.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MBR - Master boot record, I knew that, just didn't remember it. 😊

I am not very familiar with it. but there is Disk Management in Win 10.

I am comfortable with working at the command prompt, but it is usually after an expert has told me what to do.

I don't think knowing the BIOS boot time is that important at this time. It was a "nice to know" item.

Thanks for offering to help me get it done.

Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts