Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left some printing paper on the feeder of the inkjet for a couple of months without printing, and then noticed that there were light yellowish little worms or larvae that moves about on the printer paper... it only happens after i leave the paper in the feeder for at least a few days -- any explanation/experience what they might be? I tried looking around and inside my printer to the best of my ability and don't see any growing mass of worms... could it be from the ink cartridge? I don't have any other infestation of any sort in my room, so this appears to be localized to the printer.

any help and suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
Do you see any evidence of mud?
Do these larvea have legs?
Has the paper been getting eaten
Its a long shot but it may be termites coming up in your house....of coarse this only applies to certain regions.
What region are you in?
Is it possible to send a picture of the bug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you see any evidence of mud?
Do these larvea have legs?
Has the paper been getting eaten
Its a long shot but it may be termites coming up in your house....of coarse this only applies to certain regions.
What region are you in?
Is it possible to send a picture of the bug
There are no evidence of mud, though the printer is near the window so it probably has accumulated dust. The larvae are so small I couldn't tell if they have legs with naked eyes, but they were certainly moving about on the paper -- paper's never gotten obviously eaten, though i would not be surprised that they are eating away the paper in such small amount that I can't tell.

I'm in the New England area. Will try to take a picture next time I see them (currently doing an experiment with leaving paper in the feeder of the printer without ink cartridge while leaving some paper with ink cartridge sealed in a ziplog bag to see where are the source of the larvae).

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.