Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a toshiba portege series laptop, and i was wondering what cable i would have to get in order to project the image of my laptop on my tv. Now my tv is old and only has no A/V connections.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
You'll need an 'S-video' to 'coaxial' line, available at tech and pc shops (provided your TV has a coaxial input. Coax is the screw-in cable-type connector.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Upgrade to a TV with A/V inputs.

Most notebooks don't have an RCA video out port. But you can spend about $20~40 for an RCA A/V > Coax Converter box from Wallmart, Radioshack and other such stores. These tend to be next to DVD players so that they can work on older TVs.

There are adapters for converter S-Video to RCA (for those who may need to know)

PS: You'll need to reduce your Display size to 640x480, then press the VIDEO Disaplay button on the keyboard (Usually Fn 5)

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I gave multipule options.

A TV with actual Inputs, especially SVideo, component can handle higher res and shapness that a computer outputs.

But hey, it seems you have upgraded your TRS-80 to work on the net ;)
(I remember those things... Remember the Ti computer? Still a sexy little thang)

(Picture)
http://www.homecomputermuseum.de/comp/detail/92.jpg

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Compiler said:
I gave multipule options.

A TV with actual Inputs, especially SVideo, component can handle higher res and shapness that a computer outputs.

But hey, it seems you have upgraded your TRS-80 to work on the net ;)
(I remember those things... Remember the Ti computer? Still a sexy little thang)

(Picture)
http://www.homecomputermuseum.de/comp/detail/92.jpg
Funny guy too, huh?:)

Nah, it was my cousin's unit. I had to figure it out myself. Completely! I did beat the thing at checkers tho';)

There is some guy who comes up in trs-80 google who's got his machine modified, to handle i'net connectivity so you can communicate with one.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.