Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 320GB Toshiba internal hard drive for my Asus E402M laptop. up until recently, it was working perfectly. but now whenever I boot up my laptop, it takes about 5 minutes to load and then does not allow me to log in with my password. I tries taking the hard drive out and then booting it and it worked normally. How can I get my HDD to wokr again.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
What do you mean it worked normally after you too the hard drive out? Do you have second drive that boots the operating system?

What is the model number of the hard drive you took out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The laptop has a 32GB eMMC inbuilt which has windows on it. There was a port for a HDD so, about a month ago I installed a MK3276GSX 320GB toshiba hard drive. This hard drive contains all my files and programmes but not the OS. The OS is on the eMMC.
When the Hard drive is plugged in, the laptop takes a very long time to boot and then does not allow me to sign in once booted up. But when i unplug the hard drive, the laptop works fine.
How do I get my Hard drive to work again?

·
Trusted Advisor
127,316 Posts
Is this a new Toshiba drive? I've had a LOT of Toshiba drives fail! Usually right after the laptop warranty expires. Funny how they seem to time that ... ;-)

·
Trusted Advisor
127,316 Posts
Always excellent advice, Rob!

·
Trusted Advisor
127,316 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.