Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my new computer installed windows. then booted up. but when im at desktop i cant connect to the internet even though im connected to broadband. but also. i DiDnt install the motherboard drivers cause i lost the cd that came with the board. do u think that may be the reason why i cant connect?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hurry

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Theres no need to bump a topic so quickly.

I assume you did a typo and cannot get any internet? If that's the case, does a local are connection show in Network Connections.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no. just a connection that says 1394

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
1394 is a firewire connection.

Find and download your motherboard's LAN controller drivers. It would help if we all knew what motherboard we are dealling with.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my motherboard is an abit kn8 sli motherboard. as u can see in my sig. and how am i supposed to download my motherboards Lan driver if i cant even connect to the internet?

·
Registered
896 Posts
How are you connecting to the internet to get your messages on here? Why not use whatever computer you are using to do that to download and either burn the drivers to a cd or put them on a flash memory stick ?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
catlady13 said:
How are you connecting to the internet to get your messages on here? Why not use whatever computer you are using to do that to download and either burn the drivers to a cd or put them on a flash memory stick ?
exactly what she said :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how do u do that. i dont even know what drivers i need. can someone direct me.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
go to the link i gave u above.......download the "chipset" driver........then unzip the file
........burn the file on to cd........take cd to your computer then click on the ethernet file and follow directions

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Also, looking at your comp stats, I think 400w is a little underpowered for that system.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Why not simply find the CD if downloading is such a big issue? :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.