Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a Mac Notebook Pro 5.4 laptop computer running Mac OS X 10.5.7 which will be my main computer now.

I also purchased a Lacie pocket portable hard drive USB 2.0. I hooked the Lacie up to the Mac and formatted it to work just with the mac as that will be my main system.

Then, after doing so, I realized all my itunes were on my old ACER PC running Windows Vista. I decided that I wanted to move all my songs from the pc to my Lacie external hard drive so that the music wouldn't take up so much room on my laptop.

This is where the problem is. When I hook the Lacie into my Mac Notebook, the Lacie pops up. YAE.

When I hook it into my PC running windows, it doesn't show up at all. Doesn't seem to even recognize its there. I did a little hunting on line and see that If you format the Lacie on you mac, the mac will find it, but Windows won't. Ok, got that.

Delima is how to get the Windows PC to find the Lacie so I can transfer the files I need. I thought that when I hooked it up, maybe I could get it to run through the wizzard again, so that I could maybe configure it differently, but can't figure out how to get the wizzard to run again.

Does this make sense? Anyway, I really just want my PC to find the Lacie so I can transfer the files. I suppose I could try putting them on a flash drive and moving it to the laptop and then to the Lacie, but that seems like a lot of steps.

Can you help me on this one?

Thanks,
Saranee

·
Registered
275 Posts
You have a compatabilty issue trying to use a MAC formatted drive in Windows (or visa-versa). You can migrate certain file types if you are using the correct software but htis is certainly a question for the APPLE MAC forum under Operating Systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.