Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

KVM Switch

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hewee 
#1 ·
I have 2 computers that I want to share a single monitor. I know I need a KVM switch. Ive never used one, and I need to know whats a good brand of KVM switches? Which do you use? Any problems?

#3 ·
Go to www.newegg.com then go to the rebate sale tab. They have quite a few KVMs with pretty good rebates.

#4 ·
I have an IOGear that I love. Also have a 4 port Airlink. One problem I have with the Airlink, is that one computer, for whatever reason WILL NOT boot up if the cables are connected prior to the cold boot. It will reboot....but if I shut the system down, I have to disconnect the monitor, mouse and keyboard cable first.

#5 ·
My advice is Belkin, ny next advice is spend a few bucks more and get a 4-port, because *IF* you ever get a 3rd tower, or a 4th machine, you are all set to go with just having to buy another set of cables, and you won't need to get another KVM switch.

#6 ·
I have a Linksys KMV. It has always workd great till after I got my new Logitech 1000 mouse and for what ever reason I could not get the mouse to work. It would only install part of the SetPoint software. Then I found out it was because of the KMV. Once I pluged the mouse right into the PC the software installed just find and the mouse works great.
I have not used the other PC so have not hooked the mouse up tru the KMV again so don't know if it will work or not but my guess is it will now that the the software was installed right.

So just take a note that if your installing hardware drives etc for something that is going to be used tru a K, M or V that they may have to install it first and then you can hook up the KMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.