Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two networked computers here, both XP Home op sys. Can upload pics to one without problem, but not the other. Installed and updated Kodak's Easyshare software on both.

I connect via USB cable to the 1st computer, cam is recognized, and upload pics option appears. No problem.

When I connect to the second computer, I get the "New Hardware Wizard" from XP which wants to install software. I let it search for the software but none is found. By the way, the cam is properly identified by Name and Model# by both the wizard and device manager.

On bad computer, the cam appears under "Other Devices" with dreaded yellow question mark and says no driver installed.

On good computer, it appears under USB Serial Bus Controllers with the driver name of usbscan.sys which is located in Windows\System32\Drivers folder. Oddly, that driver file also is in the same folder on Machine #2 with identical properties.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled software, repaired software; tried numerous USB ports, front and back, did a little registry editing via Kodak's instructions. I googled the driver file name, and it appears this is not an unknown problem.

Spent over an hour on phone with Kodak support. They get credit for giving it a game try, but ultimately couldn't fix. Suggested I talk to Microsoft or buy a card reader (yeah right).

Hope someone(s) can help a new member. These forums look pretty darn strong.

Happy new year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes, I did try this.

I directed Hardware Wizard to look in the Windows folders where the apparent driver is located. It didn't identify the file I mentioned as the driver.

I also had the wizard to search 2 different XP discs and no luck there either.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
safariman said:
Two networked computers here, both XP Home op sys. Can upload pics to one without problem, but not the other. Installed and updated Kodak's Easyshare software on both.

I connect via USB cable to the 1st computer, cam is recognized, and upload pics option appears. No problem.

When I connect to the second computer, I get the "New Hardware Wizard" from XP which wants to install software. I let it search for the software but none is found. By the way, the cam is properly identified by Name and Model# by both the wizard and device manager.

On bad computer, the cam appears under "Other Devices" with dreaded yellow question mark and says no driver installed.

On good computer, it appears under USB Serial Bus Controllers with the driver name of usbscan.sys which is located in Windows\System32\Drivers folder. Oddly, that driver file also is in the same folder on Machine #2 with identical properties.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled software, repaired software; tried numerous USB ports, front and back, did a little registry editing via Kodak's instructions. I googled the driver file name, and it appears this is not an unknown problem.

Spent over an hour on phone with Kodak support. They get credit for giving it a game try, but ultimately couldn't fix. Suggested I talk to Microsoft or buy a card reader (yeah right).

Hope someone(s) can help a new member. These forums look pretty darn strong.

Happy new year.
I know nothing about this, but from what I do understand of networks, it is to share hardware and software alike on multiple computers without having to install everything on all computers. One computer acts as a host for the other computers. To share a printer you install the software on one host computer. If you install the software on two or more computers you will run into problems. Try uninstalling software from "bad" computer and direct it to the other computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.