Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very strange as to what is happening.
I brought my friends tower over to my place to remove several viruses and spyware. I connected all the wires to the back of the tower, and for some reason the keyboard isn't working. No characters are typing, I try to turn scroll lock/num lock/caps, on and off and neither works as well. It's as if the keyboard isn't plugged into the tower. I tried 3 different keyboards with the same result. The mouse is working, but not the keyboard.

I have worked on her cpu before, so this is really stomping me.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
its possible the virus may have effected the keyboard or its just blown

can you use a USB keyboard at all

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
etaf, thanks for the prompt reply. The funny thing is, her keyboard works on her cpu. But mine doesn't. And they are 3 new keyboards. Under the control panel I clicked on KEYBOARD, and clicked on the hardware tab to troubleshoot it, it doesn't even recognize that a keyboard is plugged in.

I may have to go to her place to solve the virus issue, but this keyboard thing really surprised me. Unless there is anything else I can do, thanks for helping me.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
her keyboard works on her tower
you take the tower and cant get a keyboard to work

I assume all PS2 keybards

strange

or just get her keyboard

I know how long some of these scans can take - when you are in someone elses house - at least at home you can get on with other things

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.