Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, my keyboard has started playing up lately. i have a bios password and it works fine up until the user log on screen. im in safe mode using the onscreen keyboard in conjunction with my mouse and i cant stress how slow and boring this is..

i recently bought anew advent keyboard and mouse wireless usb, but that nor my older keyboard works. when i press ANY key after the log on screen my comp freezes and i have to restart it. under device manager as expected i had the yellow icon next to my keyboard, and troub;eshooter said i should just uninstall + reinstall, but that didnt work.

any help would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
Sounds like a usb issue...any reinstalls of Windows recently? What SP #? You might have to go to eMachine site and see if any new motherboard drivers there can be downloaded.
Was the old mouse and keyboard Ps2 or usb? You might need to check the bios to see that it enables usb mouse and keyboard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
before i answer any thing you just asked i have a few updates for you. im no longer using safe mode, i deleted my password so i wouldnt have to use the admin account only accesible to safe mode, so now i can use my real account on normal mode.

under device manager theres the little warning icon next to, other devices - video controller (VGA compatible). when i go into its properties it gives me this info:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

however when i click reinstall it tells me it cant find the necessary software. does this mean i need a disk?

heres the error message for my old keyboard:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

what should i do? thank you very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.