Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ihaveinherutedanolddelllattidtudecpiandthekeybooardisamess.sometimesitworks,othertimesit'slikethis...okunlessitrytousethespacebareorbackspaceorsdelete,thenitgooesnuts...typingallsrtsofdifferentcrazystuff,amndwillevenshutdoownthewholething...isthissomethingthaticanfixordoitneedtotakeittoacomputerfixitguy?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
translated for you...

i have inherited an old dell lattitude CPI (notebook) and the keyboard is a mess. sometimes it works, other times it's like this...ok unless i try to use the spacebar or backspace or delete, then it goes nuts...typing all sorts of different crazy stuff, and will even shutdown the whole thing...is this something that i can fix or do it need to take it to a computer fixit guy?

Well, unless I am wrong, it is either a loose connection, or a serious hardware problem. I don't know much about lappy's but I do know most keyboards on them are easy to replace. I'd get a .pdf manual for it from the Dell website if I were you, or look up on hte net how to remove/replace one of those keyboards. Then remove it, and see if the ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard is secure.

Scorp.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Scorpio.....I'm on my girlfriend's Mac now...wish the Dell worked this well...I'll check the ribbon and let you know. Probably won't be until after Christmas.....BTW--Merry Christmas to you and all.....peace--jimi

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scorpio......I am so sorry for not reporting sooner, but your suggestions worked perfectly.....as you can plainly see from this message...thank you so much......

Do you know anything about a virus that keeps popping up called "geeby.dll"? My Norton can see it, but cannot quarantene it nor delete it.....I have found it in my registry, and deleted it and the "search weasel it comes in with, but it keeps showing up....help--if yoou can, please.....

and thanks again for your help with mjy keyboard--------jimi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.