Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My computer keeps getting this blue screen saying Kernal data inpage error. wel this is the code that pops up on it:

*** Stop: 0x0000007A (0xc047DA30, 0xc0000185, 0x368628c0, 0x8FB46068)

Then it asked to restart computer and try again and what not, Then as my computer restarted it said windows has an error and cant start up. this is the cause:

Root cause found:

Bad hard disk: Bugcheck 7a. Parameters=0x0c047da30, 0xc0000185, 0x368628c0, 0x8fb46068

And i noticed as i wrote them down they both are the same code except when it checked for root cause the letters were lower case.

Any ideas? easy fix or need new hardware?

Computer is fairly new, as in use, its about 3 years old but used very little and has had these problems for ever. One of the reasons i quit using it for about a year.

Its and Acer Aspire ASE380-UD421A i belive, thats what it says on the front anyway.

Need anymore info let me know! Thanks alot:p

·
Registered
22,466 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sorry i didnt explain a few things clearly, i have windows Vista and after it told me my computer couldnt start up i restarted it after i wrote the code down and its running again but with occassional blue screens.

Sorry for the confusion... :p

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
SCSI problems. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI disk, check the disk cabling and SCSI termination for problems.
Allthough "7A" errors usually involve memory stored on the drive ("virtual" memory) other things can't be ruled out.

-----------------------------------
I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump
--------------------------------------
Best to run chkdsk on the drive for starters:

http://www.windows-help-central.com/windows-vista-chkdsk.html

After reboot the log for chkdsk will be available in the Event Viewer (run: eventvwr.msc) -- Windows/Application log > Wininit entry. You can copy/paste that there.

While in the Event Viewer, look at the "System" log for repeating errors, especially 'NTFS' ones if present.

------------------------------------------

You can clear the current Virtual Memory cache (which may be corrupt) by changing from "Custom" to "System" Managed or visa versa (reboot afterwards) -- I would also recommend this >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/89ca317f-649d-40a6-8934-e5707ee5c4b81033.mspx

Also check the ram by running mdsched.exe

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.