Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started using Kaspersky, and I love it. But it has an annoying pop-up which comes up everytime windows starts. Is there a way I can disable it through the registry? thanks...

·
Retired Moderator
14,262 Posts
Hi skaterguy45

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Are you referring to the eScan Antivirus Toolkit Utility?

I have the eScan Antivirus Toolkit Utility, if you are not referring to that, can you post a link for the product you are using?

Have you checked for a "Preferences" menu that may give you the option of shutting off the Pop-Up or Splash Screen?

Let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EAFiedler said:
Hi skaterguy45

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Are you referring to the eScan Antivirus Toolkit Utility?

I have the eScan Antivirus Toolkit Utility, if you are not referring to that, can you post a link for the product you are using?

Have you checked for a "Preferences" menu that may give you the option of shutting off the Pop-Up or Splash Screen?

Let us know.
Thanks for the welcomeing... The name of the software I use isn'y eScan, its called Kaspersky Anti-Virus. I used to have Norton, until I realized that Kaspersky is much bettter. I have only one problem with Kaspersky, and it is that each time I start my computer, it shows a splash screen for Kaspersky. Its only for like 1 or 2 seconds, but I want to find a way to disable it. Does anyone evern use Kaspersky? If so, then any people who are experienced with Registry as well? I want to disable a popup splash screen. (btw, I KNOW its posible to do this through the Registry because I have done it before with other programs.

·
Retired Moderator
14,262 Posts
Nope, sorry, I have heard of Kaspersky, just have not seen it.

Are there any entries for your Splash Screen/Pop-Up in your Startup Folder or in the System Configuration Utility?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard they find it rude for people to ask them how to disable the splash screen.

Either way, all I need is someone who uses Kaspersky and in really good at registry editing.

Btw, I will look into asking them for tech support. thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.