Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Mike would have to decide on this.......

At the top of the Main page we have .........well what we have, but the first listing is:

Announcements
Special announcements related to this site.
16 16 08-30-2001 06:53 PM
by TechGuy

Well that was a cut and paste but you all know what I am talking about.

How about considering moving this to the lower portion of the page under the last section "Site Comments & Suggestions"

Here is my thinking....... there is a total of 16 entries there and although I would always look to see any new things that Mike would put there......It also gets the least traffic.

While the whole thins is only like an inch or so in height, it does make for that much less viewable area at the bottom of the main as long as it is there. Simply put it is taking up prime valuable space at the top and it need not.

Having said that I hope Mike doesn't say "Just get a bigger monitor" I really hope he will consider it.

Also some of you may know about the handy dandy (F11 key that I rerer to as my F11 instant monitor upgrade.....try it now) Pretty cool huh?

Your thoughts Mike......anyone?

DS

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Dave
mine doesn't do anything, do you suppose it's because I am running Netscape 6.1?

Ok I just tried it with IE5.5 and it works, I wonder why not with Netscape is it because IE is from Microsoft?

BTW I like your new avatar :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Ahh ok. Well thats a shame because now I've seen it I like it but I rarely use IE. But thanks fo the info :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I also just noticed in IE that if you hit she spacebar then the page scrolls down. Maybe I should switch back to IE.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LadyLisa,

now that you know 'yours' is not broken, you might just want to leave that Netscape 6.1 guy behind and give IE a chance, what the heck 'ya gotta live a little.......
That F11 instant big screen is :cool: huh?

So what do you say Mike? .....are you thinking 'bout moving that down, so everything else moves up?

DS

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Dark Star

yes the F11 is pretty cool. And now I'm learning all the other shortcuts on IE I think I might just leave the Netscape guy behind. I'm getting to like IE more and more ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Well, here's something Netscape can do:

US Naval Observatory Master Atomic Clock Time
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/what1.html

"These GIF animations use server push to send
the time out in synchronization with the USNO
Master Clock. They require a web browser that
fully implements this technique."

When I try this with IE4, it informs me that I need
Netscape...

Cheers, Mac :)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike,

Thanx a lot, I'm glad you are okay with the idea. I know it's not as if you don't have enough to do already as it is. Just know that we appreciate it.

Mac,

I agree with you, and just like people......... Netscape has this and IE has that (it is nice to have the choices) so it is up to the end user and their particular needs and desires.

The only difference I see is that Netscape will not get mad at you if and when you decide to take up with IE and you can always go back to Netscape whenever you like.
This back and forth thingy does not work out too well where people are concerned 'cause feelings get in the way. :rolleyes:

:eek: :) :mad: ;) :confused: :( :eek: :)

DS

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Hi DS,

You said:

Netscape will not get mad at you if and when you decide to take up with IE

That's why I run em' both... :)

Cheers, Mac

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah thats cool and all MS don't mind,.......... but just know that Mrs will have a BIG problem with it.

:D :D :D

DS

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike,

That really helps out quite a bit, I can now see all the way down to Development before I need to scroll.......... many thanks. :D

DS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.