Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem started a few months ago. Just like that. My "antivirus" program is about to expire, I won a new iPhone, my "parcel" has been dispatched....I am using Outlook's web page on my desktop (Win.10) and official app. on my Android phone. Junk mail and phishing scam almost always ended up in my junk folder, until recently. There is nothing I can do expect to report it to Microsoft. Blocking option is long gone and regarding settings I've only got 2 options. Only allow mail from my "safe list" or not. Does anybody have a similar issue and is there a way to deal with it?

·
Registered
28,646 Posts
I am unable to test this because I don't get spam in my outlook (webmail) inbox. Very few have this address.
https://www.alphr.com/outlook-block-email-address/

Well I had one message in my inbox. (Windows 7). I don't use an app on my android devices. I selected the message and I don't see Junk as an option like the screenshot in the above link. I clicked on Report and one of the options is report Junk. Try that and see if it clears the things out of the inbox.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am unable to test this because I don't get spam in my outlook (webmail) inbox. Very few have this address.
https://www.alphr.com/outlook-block-email-address/

Well I had one message in my inbox. (Windows 7). I don't use an app on my android devices. I selected the message and I don't see Junk as an option like the screenshot in the above link. I clicked on Report and one of the options is report Junk. Try that and see if it clears the things out of the inbox.
Thanks for your help mate. Unfortunately I already tried that but it doesn't work. Second option is to report it as a phishing. That doesn't work either. I don't have any other options left. The simple solution would be to change email address but I got this one for the last 25 years and it would be impossible to contact everyone regarding my new email. Is there any way that I can write to the real person from Microsoft? 🤔

·
Registered
28,646 Posts
Since hotmail sends you to the Outlook webpage, lots of people have hotmail/outlook/msn/live (all endings for the same web mail page).

So you are incorrect in assuming not many people use hotmail.

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Hi

Need to have a looksee when I'm home (as can't access Hotmail at work) but have you seen if you have any subscriptions? There may be loads in there you never knew about, say when you order something online, or some you may never even have known you were added to:

There is another setting, can't recall what it is, but again will look when home, that may have extra addresses in.

Oh, and I have won a brand new microwave oven, twice...as well as some guy in another country saying my long lost relative that I never knew about died, and has loads of money to give me, and all they need is my bank account. I'm finally rich!!!

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Having a look, and its in the same Settings (I don't have 'subscriptions' in mine) but called Junk, and in the Safe Senders and Domains bit, there are loads of entries. Some may have snuck in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts