Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
No idea what you're talking about. Do you mean "jumper"? Defribrillate? What?

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
How are the jumpers set on the other drive on that cable?

Does the drive appear in Device Manager?

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Be sure that the IDE channel is enabled in BIOS setup. If there is another drive on the same cabe, then it already is.

Double-click the IDE controller in Device Manager and be sure both channels are enabled there.

How is the other drive on that cable, if any, jumpered?

Jumper Settings
Start here for information on jumper settings.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Exactly which Firelite model and what Windows OS?
My two USB Firelites are 2.5" drives and don't have any jumpers to set.
I suggest you take a long look at the manufacturer's website, support section, especially in the unlikely event that you're using Win 98SE. The driver download needed for 98SE can vary from batch to batch for the same nominal model.

·
Registered
833 Posts
IF your Firelite is similar to my 80GB ones there's a USB/Ext switch on the back. Mine get enough power through the single USB connection but the Ext switch enables a supplementary power feed by either a supplied extra USB connector or an optional AC adapter. Have you read the User Guide on connecting these if the drive doesn't seem to power up? Is the switch in the right position? (Again, this assumes that your model is basically similar to mine).
If the drive is running, have you formatted it?
The support section at www.smartdisk.com is usually very helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.