Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I try to use the "Google Maps" page at http://maps.google.com/maps I get a

JSCRIPT.dll fault in Module 0167: 712b8655

error, and Internet Explorer 5.50 puts up a box which says in effect that Iexplore will now be shut down, and when you click on "OK" Internet Explorer shuts down, & you go back to the desktop, but are still connected to the Net.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?

Using Windows 98SE (Ver. 4.10.2222A).
Computer HD failed in Sept. 04, and after it was replaced, and everything was reloaded, as far as I can remember, I'm still using IE 5.50's default settings.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have never used Norton's

Using AVG 7.0.323 (Freeware) and ZoneAlarm (Freeware) 5.5.062.000

·
Retired Moderator
84,466 Posts
You could always extract the .dll from your Windows CD.

However, I kind of wonder if the problem would be resolved if you updated to IE 6.0. You should have that anyway.

When was the last time you did a Windows Update?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last W98SE update was about a month ago when I downloaded 4 or 5 Security updates. Took quite a while with 56K Dialup :)

Been thinking of getting IE 6.0, but wonder how hard it is to set up and which files would have to be saved to another disc to avoid erasure or corruption?
Still using Outlook Express 5.50 & same questions apply to setting up OE 6.0.

·
Retired Moderator
84,466 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to get it.

It's important to always keep current with the latest security fixes from Microsoft.
Older versions have holes and leaks which can leave you more vulnerable to viruses, etc.

·
Trusted Advisor
86,019 Posts
Gary R:

Do a "find" for the jscript.dll file. When it appears, right-click it, then click Properties. If the version number is older than 5.6.0.8825, you should download and install Windows script 5.6.0.8825 from here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you still using Internet Explorer 5.5? You really should upgrade it to 6.0 SP1, if for no other reason for its added security enhancements.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.