Tech Support Guy banner

job dillema...help

742 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  poochee 
#1 ·
so here is my situation:

Back in december, I quit my job of 3 years because this semester, I needed to concentrate on school. Today, when I went back to say hi, the lab technician and the lab manager and I were talking, and they really wanted me to come back .........mainly because right now, they are understaffed, and training new people is a pain.

They seemed serious and they really wanted me back, but I kept saying no, because I know how busy I am and what I can handle.....However, I told them that I can think about coming back after spring break, so they gave me an application to fill out again.

I see some problems in this:
-when I worked there, I was the sales man. I know for sure that the lab techs want me back...but I haven't discussed this w/ my former fellow salesman(I just feel a bit odd about leaving and coming back).
-I really cannot work now, so I will only be able to work after spring break. this means that if they want to hire me, they can't hire anyone for another 2 months, or else, they will be overstaffed then, or they wont get their hours.
-I mean, I feel bad just leaving and coming back, and I have a feeling that if I come back, it might help a bit, because they dont have to train new people....but I really can't come back this moment.....so it has to wait....and I think i'll feel a bit worse if they have to wait for me, and be understaffed for another 2 months....I mean, 75% the workers are students, so they need their studying time too.
-I know all the staff pretty well, so i might be thinking this on a personal level...I really dont know what to do.....

Should I just go and talk to the General manager? what do I do?

oh and, looking at my side of the story, the money will really help me if I know I'll have a job.

See less See more
#2 ·
i really dont know you man but i dont think you should worry so much about if they will be able to hire other people or not. they obviously want you back cause they know you can help. if you cant do it till after spring break then i wouldnt worry until then. when that day comes see what your schedule is like and if you think you can handle it give it a shot. but thats just my opinion...take it with a grain of salt.

:)

#3 ·
semidevil said:
so here is my situation:

Back in december, I quit my job of 3 years because this semester, I needed to concentrate on school. Today, when I went back to say hi, the lab technician and the lab manager and I were talking, and they really wanted me to come back .........mainly because right now, they are understaffed, and training new people is a pain.

They seemed serious and they really wanted me back, but I kept saying no, because I know how busy I am and what I can handle.....However, I told them that I can think about coming back after spring break, so they gave me an application to fill out again.

I see some problems in this:
-when I worked there, I was the sales man. I know for sure that the lab techs want me back...but I haven't discussed this w/ my former fellow salesman(I just feel a bit odd about leaving and coming back).
-I really cannot work now, so I will only be able to work after spring break. this means that if they want to hire me, they can't hire anyone for another 2 months, or else, they will be overstaffed then, or they wont get their hours.
-I mean, I feel bad just leaving and coming back, and I have a feeling that if I come back, it might help a bit, because they dont have to train new people....but I really can't come back this moment.....so it has to wait....and I think i'll feel a bit worse if they have to wait for me, and be understaffed for another 2 months....I mean, 75% the workers are students, so they need their studying time too.
-I know all the staff pretty well, so i might be thinking this on a personal level...I really dont know what to do.....

Should I just go and talk to the General manager? what do I do?

oh and, looking at my side of the story, the money will really help me if I know I'll have a job.[/QUOTE
Worry about you--not them. What works for you. Its business, and "they" are not thinking of your best interest---only you can do that. :) >f

#4 ·
Why would the other salespeople be upset if you come back? Do they like you? Who cares, management wants you back,a nd they are willing to wait for you, then what's the problem. One of the reasons that I was hired for my new postion was to try to reduce turnover at the bank. Turnover is a pain in the rear and EXPENSIVE to train new people. The question that you need to ask yourself is:

1. Do I want to come back.
2. Is my employer wanting me back?
3. Can I come back with some or all of the seniority I left with.
4. Will this help/hinder my education?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.