Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PIII, 1 GHZ Processor with 512M of memory. My video card is a 32M nVidia RIVA M64 AGP graphics card.
My OS is Win ME.
Question:
When I am in the middle of a race the video will all of a sudden get very jerky. If I continue to race it will come out of it after about 30 secs or so. After another 30 seconds or so it will do it again. It just does it over and over. 30 secs good video, 30 seconds jerky video. My frame rates are usually 50/47. I'm not sure what that means, however when it starts getting jerky, the first number of the 2, 50/47, starts fluctuating like crazy. It will go down to single digits,up to the 20's. As soon as the video smooths out, the frame rates stablize and go back to what is normal.
I HAVE DISABLED "System Restore"
Help please!!!
Is my video card junk?

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
could be your video card, not the fastest out.

Try lowering your game settings for resoloution and color depth.
Also close any programs running in the background before starting the game, use control alt delete to bring up task manager and endtask on everything except explorer and systray.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.