Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that all java applications I run (like yahoo chess and others) are running really slow. I wanted to install a new JRE version but I can't uninstall the one that is there. When I try to uninstall from the control panel, it appears to uninstall correctly but it stays there. Could my computer be using that version, and that be the reason they are so slow? What should I do to install a newer version?
Thank you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
yes, Java doesnt uninstall easy. Ive tried it and it dint work. So what to do is, go straight to the location, and delete the entire java folder. Then download this program: Regcleaner. Use it to wipe-off all unwanted registry entries on the system including that of java. Then install the new version.

·
Registered
380 Posts
after u install the program, go to tools->registry cleanup. then click the last option in it. It will find all useless entries and show u a list. Then u can just highlight all and delete. It can do the deletion automatically too. goto options->registrycleanup->method->auomatic. get the program from here: ftp://ftp.freenet.de./pub/filepilot/windows/system/RegCleaner.exe

·
Trusted Advisor
85,517 Posts
Charlie:

After you uninstall an older version of Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition from Add/Remove Programs, delete its Java folder from the C:\Program Files folder. Reboot afterwards, then install the newer version.

I'm currently using Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition, 1.5.0.01, and these are the steps that I use with my Windows 98SE and XP SP2 computers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.