Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am operating Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3. I have Internet Explorer 8. I was able to login to different sites until a automatic Java update about two weeks ago. Now when I try to login or search various sites(ebay and remax) I get an error that says:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
When I click the properties for more information I get the following: javascript:expandCollapse('infoBlockID', true);

When I turn Java off, I am able to sign into my different accounts (eBay...). I have tried to update Java, but nothing else works. Is there a fix so I can search without turning Java off?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I don't know the cause of your problem but, if it is the update to Sun Java Version 6 Update 16 which came out on 13th August, you could uninstall it via Add/Remove and then download Version 6 Update 15. This is possible because Update 16 was not for 'security' reasons, so 15 is still safe to use.

The fact that your error message mentions 'javascript' is probably irrelevant because JavaScript is different to Sun Java, despite the name being the same. It is also possible that this is an Internet Explorer glitch because IE8 is, apparently, still causing problems for some people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.