Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a user who is trying to send emails to other users through MS Project 2003, but the fields that he used in Project 2000 have changed in 2003, and he needs to know how to change the form that he's using so he can use the new Project.

Any ideas on how to do this?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more details, as the user provided some more insight to this. I'm not a project person, so hopefully someone else can shed some light on this:

We are trying to get workgroups to update the Actual and Remaining work fields in Project 2003. In Project 2000 this feature worked w/o issue. However, in 2003 it is much more difficult. I have installed the workgroup feature as indicated at this MS website (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818337) and I am able to send and receive the .mtm file project produces… however, I don't see in the customized published fields were we can capture the 'actual and remaining' work.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

I just remote controlled into the user's machine, and found out that what he's trying to do is send an update to the person working on the project, and the email contains an MTM file, which the user is supposed to be able to update, but for some reason this is greyed out.

Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.