Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is the 3rd post on this thread http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/148753-issues-microsoft-security-updates.html

First of all what sort of "update" is it, really. I have followed Microsoft's advice on how to fix this problem, the most helpful part was

"Try to run the program that did not start again. If the program starts and if you do not receive the error message in the "Symptoms of the problem" section, you are finished."

I have update 935448 but I am still getting Illegal system DLL relocation error on calc.exe and when I have tried to install Google chrome. This is no big problem really because I have a physical calculator and I have Firefox but I can see this becoming a bigger problem when I need to install some important software.

I do have Realtek HD audio manager but this is v5.10.0.5694 and runs fine.

To be honest I think this is a update conflict, Do you think it would be a good idea to remove all updates and start again from SP2?

Any other idea's would be great.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The first problem is that you referred us somewhere else to learn about your problem. I am having trouble following the thread you linked to and what you wrote here. I do not see the words you quoted anywhere in the third post that you referred us to. So instead of bouncing us between websites to learn your problem, just write everything we need to know here.

Second, the post you referred us to deals with XP Service Pack 2, and applied more than two years ago. Why aren't you using Service Pack Three?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.