Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Judge In IsoHunt Case Tells MPAA It Needs To Actually Prove Infringement By US Residents

This is a first. In the trial that the movie studios have brought against torrent search engine Isohunt, the judge has pushed back on the MPAA's claims, noting that it has failed to show any evidence of actual infringement by US users. In the past, groups like the MPAA and the RIAA have been able to get by without ever proving real infringement, but just by suggesting it must be happening. So this is quite a surprise. It makes the Isohunt case one to watch more seriously. The company may still lose the lawsuit, but at least the judge seems to want to see actual evidence, rather than having Hollywood execs insisting that these sites are killing their business just because they say so."
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090826/2311106011.shtml

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
What a unique thought, actually proving your case. :rolleyes: Maybe that'll catch on. ;)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a unique thought, actually proving your case. :rolleyes: Maybe that'll catch on. ;)
I certainly hope so. Sure beats the three-strikes they are pushing for world-wide. :cool:

To date, the three-strikes plan has been three allegations, disconnected from internet. :down:

I have a friend who would already have strike one for renting a movie via Bell Satellite TV.

He ordered the movie, watched it(he disliked it very much I might add), received infringement notice for movie a few days later.

I wish he had kept the e-mail, but he deleted it saying words I cannot repeat here. :D

The letter came via our ISP, which is not a Bell company.

I told him to make sure he kept his Bell bill. He hasn't heard a word about it since. I believe it was over a year ago now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.