8 gig hd
56k Diamond Supra 2750
The old modem in the machine went bad. I put the new diamond one in, the computer sees it, and drivers install just fine... Only thing wrong is that it installs on COM1. In device manager it shows a serial port / COM2. Modems in control panel shows modem on com1. When I dial like this it gives "no dial tone."
Here's what I did:
1. Removed all com ports and modem
2. Went into BIOS and turned off the first serial port...
3. Booted back into windows, installed all devices.
4. Now Serial Com 1 and modem on Com2. It dials and works like this. A little slow but workable.
5. Reboot, check it again, works fine
6. Turn off machine
7. Turn on machine, check it again, modem is back on com1
Is there a way to make this modem stay on com2 or use com3/4?
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!