Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used Roxio Goback for my Fat32 system for years. I know people said not to use it but I did and I had no problems with it. Unlike other backup software, it would restore on the spot without backing up you date first. That's why I liked it.

Unfortunately Goback only worked for Fat32. Is there a similiar product for NTFS?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Hi Kapustin Yar.... I, too, was a user of GoBack for many years on my old Win989SE machine (still do). On my XP, NTSF formatted laptop, as close as I could get was Acronis True Image. Not exactly the same and a lot more trouble to use for routine day to day stuff than GoBack, but up till now it's been the best alternative I've found.

So I did a bit of research and found a product called RollBack RX. Its compatible with Windows OS's up through Vista, so I assume (although I've not seen it in writing) it works with NTSF format. I'm going to look into it a bit further, but I may give it a tryout myself. Need to investigate if there is any conflict with other programs I have installed.

There is a free trial download with purchase price of $69

Click here for a review of the program.

Raybro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.