Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that regular tv resolution is supposed to be 480 pixels from top to bottom (is that right?) HDTV is supposed to be either 720 or 1080 pixels.

My monitors resolution is set at 1024 x 768. 768 should be the number of pixels from top to bottom. 720p HDTVs are 1280 x 720. I know my monitor is a square and not widescreen, but it looks like it has about the same resolution as an HDTV.

Sometimes I download Nascar races. I've watched a few before. No big deal. A few weeks ago I downloaded one that said HD (It was Watkins Glen, actually, for those of you who follow racing. I didn't think nothing of it. But when I watched it, it was like a whole new experience. I felt like I was closer to the action. I saw more details in the track surface. I didn't even notice the HD in the title of the video at the time. I just automatically noticed something was different.

Comments?

Its interesting to think that this huge (depth) 17" clunker of a monitor may be more advanced that my regular television.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.