Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CD-RW in my MAC that I never use. I was wondering if I could transplant it into my PC? Once I connected an Apple external CD-ROM drive to a friend's laptop PC and it worked fine, so I wonder if the hardware is the same.

It's hard to find anybody who knows both MAC and PC. Any experts out there who might know?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I tried it by accident once about 8 mos ago and it worked fine...had the machine up and running then noticed the little apple logo....switched before the customer picked up the machine.

cant speak for every drive though and if a firmware/driver update comes out it may not be released in a pc version.

I would say check the make/model of the drive then go the the manf website and see what it says.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
AFAIK, there is no difference between a Mac IDE CD-RW drive and one for the PC. Same with the hard disks...

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
kefli

When you install it, XP should see it with no problem if it is compatible. XP also has some burning software but, you may want to check to see if your burning software is XP compatible.

SeeYa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.