Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pictures on my P.C. also in Picasa 3 ,I want to send one to a cell phone either a text/pic, message transfer it to a memory card. When I do get a pic. transfered to my memory card and try to open, it will say "not supported" and therefor can not open.The same thing happens with videos and music ? Do I need to convert pictures etc. before I transfer to the memory card? Any and all advice will be much appreciated

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
I can transfer photos to my phone but the phone seems to want them at the size it uses. In my case that is 1280 X 960. It also requires a DOS filename – 8 digits with no spaces followed by .jpg. I just use the phone’s nomenclature which is SSPX0001.jpg for my phone.

Look at one of the images you downloaded from the phone and get the right size and filename protocol. It will probably work.

Edit: I might add that I have gotten into the habit of stripping the metadata since one of my cameras won’t display photos with the metadata. I use Irfanview for that because the save jpg dialog allows me to easily strip the EXIF and other metadata. If sending the photo with the right size and filename doesn’t work try stripping the metadata.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can transfer photos to my phone but the phone seems to want them at the size it uses. In my case that is 1280 X 960. It also requires a DOS filename - 8 digits with no spaces followed by .jpg. I just use the phone's nomenclature which is SSPX0001.jpg for my phone.

Look at one of the images you downloaded from the phone and get the right size and filename protocol. It will probably work.

Edit: I might add that I have gotten into the habit of stripping the metadata since one of my cameras won't display photos with the metadata. I use Irfanview for that because the save jpg dialog allows me to easily strip the EXIF and other metadata. If sending the photo with the right size and filename doesn't work try stripping the metadata.
Thanks for the tip I will give it a shot.Its a different phone that the photos were sent to the computer than the one I want to sent them to. Also I am new at this and have no ideal what your talking about when you say "EXIF" & "metadata" so if you could explain in layman terms for me. Again Thanks for the info. As always you guys are the BEST !!!

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Metadata is the general term for information saved with an image file. EXIF is information about the picture put there by the camera and often modified to some degree by image editors. I only mentioned it because it is an issue with one camera I have. It might have nothing to do with your problem getting the images to show.

First make sure the file name is correct for the phone. The phone might need the size in pixels the same as it takes or require the ratio of width to height to be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.