Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ya me and my friend did this project for class and its a .mdb from access right but the only way to run it is with access. is there a way to make it run as a .exe or run itself independatly without the need of access. or is there away how to convert it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes there is.

Such an application created from an Access MDB is called a "run time application".

I have never had to create one because all of the users that I write for have Access on their machines.

To do this, you need the edition of MS Office that allows you to create run time applications.

I believe (but am not sure) that the only edition of MS Office that allows run time application creation is the Enterprise Edition.

Other readers-- chime in here if I'm wrong.

The Enterprise Edition is a pricey and complicated affair but you may be able to find a copy of a less-than-current version (e.g. 97 or 2000) at a computer show at a discounted price. I don't know whether there are student editions that allow run time application creation. (actually for Office 97, I believe that the "lowest" edition that allowed run time app creation was the Developer Edition.

I'm not to sure of any of these specifics so my advice would be to go to the microsoft product descriptions on their website and look for those office editions that support run time application creation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.