Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems getting this not too darn old computer 2001 to recognize all of my 120GB. I have updated the BIOS and the whole 120GB is seen there. But for some reason (related specifically to compaq) I can only get this harddrive to register as 23.75 GB using fdisk and by using Compaq's Quick Restore disks.
The operation system in Windows me, but that is not the limiting factor as I know that it supports at least 137GB. So this has something to do with either a master boot record that I can't change by simply creating a new partition and/or running the restore disks or by something goofy that Compaq has going on.
Somebody else out there must have updated a Presario 7000Z series model # 7QSM11 or realatively close to it. :D
Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

I scrubbed every link that Compaq/HP have on their site and I tried as many microsoft as I think relate to the topics I am having problems with. HP's site doesn't really vier to far off of a main set of problems... Not much help from them. :(

I have been at this for two days straight, and what I really need is someone that knows Compaqs inside and out.

My main system is a dell and it has its little quirks that are unique to Dell. I just need someone to have that kind of insight about Compaqs. But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess was right, for once. I am still waiting on a second email as to why and what can be done about it, but that model Compaq Presario 7QSM11 has a freakin HD limitaion of 75GB.......... CRAP!
Thanks for your views/suggestions anyway!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.