Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an internet cafe. The server computer, from no where, will tell me there is an ip coflict on the network. When this happens the client computers loses connection. I would check the IP of all the computers and I dont see any conflicting IP. After a while the computers establish the connection again ;when I have not done anything, and would work well. This can happen two or thee times a day. Could someone help me out. I have seven computers on my network.
Thanks
Opira

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
That usually happens when the DHCP server gets restarted without restarting the clients. Of course, knowing a lot more about the server and client computers, as well as the network topology would help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John, My topology is basiccally star; all computers picking from a 16 port DLink switch. My server is an ordinary computer where I installed a butterfly cafe timer. This s also the the computer that establishes the ADSL connection configured in bridge. Other computerts are assigned static IPs. Hope this information can be usefull.
Regards
Opira

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
If all the machines are assigned static IP addresses, and you've check them all, I don't see where the duplicate IP address is coming from. :) You should be assigning any static IP addresses outside the range of the DHCP server pool, which will prevent this issue in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.