Tech Support Guy banner

IP address issue

817 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  TXjim
Hi,

Within AWS, I have a web server running on linux, which is configured correctly and points to the correct domain.

However, I have cloned this server so I can have a 'Test' environment of the website, it has its own IP address. When I type this NEW IP address in to the browser, it automatically points to the domain of the server I have copied from. Where would this be configured? How is this even possible? This is a brand new IP address but it still seems to point to a domain and I have never configured this.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Hi SY,
I have seen this situation when testing utilizes the same hostnames as production. You need to isolate your test environment from your production not only by IP but also by the hostname of the server(s). The problem is DNS and local workstation hosts files as well as caching within the network(s) will negatively impact your testing as you are witnessing. The key is isolating all aspects of the test environment. Without knowing your overall project goals its hard to speculate on the extent of challenges you might be facing in your test effort.
Good luck!
Cheers, TXjim
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.