Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: We have a wierd problem on my daughter's computer. I thought it was part of another issue but it isn't.

When we open the font list in Word 2003, many of the font names are blank spots. Some of the fonts are usable and some are not but you don't know what the fonts are until after you click on them.

The fonts are both common and unusual fonts. Between Arial and Bookshelf Symbol 7, there are 17 blank spots including the rest of the Arial family, Berlin, Bodoni and others. This is only an issue in Word. They are visible in WordPad and in WordPerfect.

The computer had Win XP Home. I loaded up the complete program of Office 2003 in case the problem was a missing file in the typical set up. I cannot figure out what the problem is or how to fix it. I cannot find anyone through the search engines with a similar problem.

It is very frustrating when there are so many missing spots.

Thanks, Mary

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is solved. The fonts CANNOT be shown according to their style.

Tools > Customize > Options
"List font names in their font" must be left UNchecked.

Our other computers have no issue with showing the font names in its style, so it is not an across the board issue.

Mary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.