Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i left my computer for about 45 min and when i got back i noticed that it had frozen totally...i am running winxp with a p4 256 ram....i couldent even move the mouse , so i just pulled the plug and restarted it .....now when it boots up it says invalid system disk replace the disk and then press any key....
i never had anything in the floppy or cdrom drive ... and when i go to bios to make sure it boots to hdd , still same error i cant get passed it ..any ideas...
also i was running low on hdd space so can that kill me too ..if so what can i do to save my self before i reformat : (

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
First reset your bios setting for boot order to:
Hard disk
Drive A
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
and then reboot, to see if it loads.

if that doesnt work, try a System Restore. Boot from "safe mode with command prompt". by pressing F8 and entering the /boot menu.

Once you have loaded the command shell in Safe Mode type:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Restore to a date listed before your problem, and see if it reboots.

If that doesnt work,

Place your xp disk into the cdrom tray and reboot, select repair, and your version of windows (if more than one on drive). In the command prompt, type

chkdsk c: /p /r and press enter.

Reboot after that finishes, and see if you can load windows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.