Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a big fan of internet radio as it lets you listen to stations from all over the world and I always like to have it on in the background. However, I'm new to macs and can't seem to figure out how to get it working with this machine. Most internet radio links I find require that you have Real Player or Windows Media Player...or I'm told I am missing a plug-in....the downloads never seem to be successful. Either they won't download at all or they do and when opening and attempting to install, I get some random error message or whatnot. I've tried just using the radio feature in iTunes, which did work previously, but for some reason now it shows it's connecting/finding playlist and then never actually plays. I guess this is pretty vague...but any suggestions anyone?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
My first thought would be a firewall issue, stopping the iTunes signal. Are you behind a firewall and if you is it a company or home one?

Company is tougher since unless you control the firewall ports, you can only ask.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm....that could be it I guess. I know there is one (it's at work and I don't have control over it) but I've had it work before...and I've actually got another radio broadcast working right now, just not the one I want.

Ah well, I'll live! Thanks anyway, John :D

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Just to clarify - you are trying this at work, right? If such, please be careful, as most IT folks frown VERY heavily upon playing music, etc. continuously while using their machines, on company time and dime. As much as I hate to agree, their argument that bandwidth is limited, and if everyone did such, it would bugger down the servers, etc. until real work :( :rolleyes: ;) would have troubles. *yawwwwwn* ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is at work, but my boss doesn't mind, nor does our IT guy. We're an office of three and there are only 3 computers on the network/connected to the server. The IT guy says it's not a problem and offered to help with the plug-ins problem. :)

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
:cool: :up: Do yas need a metallurgical engineer? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.