Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
my desktop computer that is on a wired connection wont allow me to access the web the net adapter is enabled and working every thing says that it is working but when you try to use a browser or update something it just sits there and eventually times out. its not a browser problem because ive tried multiple browsers all with the same result its not a router problem because all the other laptops in are home network work fine. the internet works for a time but some times at start up sometimes after a few hours. im stumped as to what it could be.any help is greatly appreciated
thanks.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Welcome to TSG:
I would like to clarify a bit.
I think you first stated that the wired connection will not allow you to get on the internet..Later on you state that the internet works for a time,etc.So I am a bit confused.No connection at all or intermittent disconnects ?
If no connection at all.let's see this:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

If intermittent,let's see an ipconfig /all when working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.