Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for any help that is available. I have a desktop that I changed over to dsl through Bellsouth a year ago. It is a pentium 3, 450. It runs on Win 98SE. I installed bellsouth parental controls. I bought and ran spyware removal software, since I had installation problems and it was very slow. All running good and just happy as can be. Then I got a notebook for my birthday and wanted to get it networked with the desktop. Bought a router and had problems with the install. The tech support said that the parental control on the desktop was preventing it from working through the router. So I have a notebook that accesses the web, but can't access my printer. And my desktop won't connect through the router. I disabled the parental control and finally called bellsouth back. Spent 3 hours trying to get it going to no avail. Tech support said that he thought I had a problem with the browser on the desktop (IE) and to download a new one and see if that worked. It didn't work. I really need to be able to connect through the router to my printer from the notebook and I need to access the web through the router on my desktop. I am just before pulling out my hair. Any help would be appreciated, because I really do have a lot of hair. Thanks. John

·
Registered
50 Posts
click on that icon just to the right of "#3" the red outlined triangular one in the top right corner of the posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.