Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Intel Pocket PC Camera. It shows that it is installed and I could send a video e-mail but when I went back to send another one - no video. I checked trouble shooting from their site. Find that there are two files missing. USBINTEL.SYS and USBHUBD.SYS I can't find these files using SFC or on my installation disc. Help!!!! I don't know where to go for help. The video will not work without these files. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Two ways, you can either go to control panels and double click on add/remove programs, or check in the install directory for the camera and see if there is an unistall icon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the camera and all programs twice and it still won't work. In trouble shooting I found two files missing. I was able to extract one from my win98 installation disc. One I can't find. USBHUBD.SYS Where do I go to replace this file. The camera won't work without it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it does.

It was working and then I had to replace my mother board. Since then I've had nothing but problems. At first I was able to send out some video e-mail and take snap shots but then when I went back to use it it again I get no video. It says it is unable to capture device, another application is running. Nothing else is running. I have done everything the trouble shooter advised but nothing has helped. Thought maybe replacing the lost file would do the trick, if I can find it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you have any other hardware that runs on the USB ports. How many ports do you have for USB. If it was working and then stopped, have you run any anti-virus software. Any new software instilations since changing the mobo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have two usb ports. A scanner is plugged into one and it is working fine. I installed Norton 2001 but the camera worked after I installed it. Then it started having problems. I can record audio but just can't get video when trying to send video e-mail or snap shots. No video anywhere. HELP!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never gotten an error message telling me that files are missing. I found this out when I went to the intel site. It listed the files needed in order for the camera to work. I was able to extract the one file but not USBHUBD.sys. It isn't there. Where can I go to replace this file?

I checked the system tray and no other imager is running.

Thanks for such quick response.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
How do you know it's not there?

Start button, find, files or folders and type this.....does it appear?

And when you say you checked the system tray and no other imager is running.....could you still do a CTRL-ALT-DEL for me?

There may be something else that is creating your problem......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it doesn't show up; not even when I try to find it in the win98 cd

Do you mean that you want me to type out everything that is in the system tray. (I even deleted everything from this and the camera still wouldn't work.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.