Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased Paint Shop Pro 8 and I put the disk into my N drive and it didn't automatically start up. I went to my computer icon , double clicked, went to the correct drive and double clicked and it brought nothing up. I went to the "start" in the lower left side of the screen and selected run and had to search for the setup.exe I needed. I hit ok and it started the install wizard. Just into the installation I got "ERROR 1335. The cabinet file 'Data 1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt & cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from CD-ROM or a problem with this package." I had 3 choices...abort, retry or ignore. If I choose Ignore I get "ERROR 2350 and of course retry didn't work either. I am using windows XP professional. My computer is 3 years old and I have 128MB SDRAM memory and have added 128MB SDRAM memory card about 3 months ago. Any suggestions?

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, I've gotten one bad CD, brand new, from a hardware retail box that would not open, install etc- had to exchange the whole package for new, which did work. The CD was burned apparently as a coaster emulation....:) , not a driver CD.
You could possibly have the same problem, if no scratches or dirt are present, damage can be near invisible and if it is in the right place, prevent your drive from reading the disk.
If it's a used CD, well, there are kits you can try that claim they can repair scratches...never tried one, though so cannot comment or advise on exactly which might work best.
You can clean a CD just by rinsing with clear water, dont wipe it with anything, just blot it dry with very soft cloth....There are cleaning liquids available, and I have used the CD wipes, which worked OK and the CD would open after I cleaned them. Have seen Windows setup refuse to start due to smudgy CD, and cleaning got it going easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.