Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell Studio 1555 I didnt remember the password so I tried to reinstall the OS, however I used the wrong disk. It belonged to an older computer. Now the laptop has two OS systems installed and it wont boot. It will load to the MS screen and will not go to the windows login screen. Is there anything I can do manually to remove the system? I dont have a back-up disk, or driver disk. I can get the command prompt from the older OS disk if that is helpful.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
do you have the correct disk - that should run and you can delete the partition and re-instal

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=181316

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.