Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i pass my exam i hope to be a IT technician but i need to know how do i install the correct drivers for a computer/laptop that dont have any hardware disks.. i found that some programs like everest home and ultimate edition are next to useless and the windows find driver was a complete waist of my time and caused me to have to reformat. is there any little secret that computer technicians use to put on the right drivers on?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You do to the manufacturer's website and download the correct drivers. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but how to you determin what the model number and and manufacturer also what if the manufacturer does not have the drivers anymore? sometimes everest does not tell ya right. Some manufacturers dont have drivers on their websites. i had a laptop to fix and everest did not find the correct model or manufacturer for the laptop motherboard and when windows was installed and i tried to install the correct drivers for his onboard sound it conflicted and i could not get any sound at all from it. it would not allow me to uninstall the drivers windows installed so i could attempt to install the ones that i think were right. that is why i am asking the problem as he had to take it to a shop and they got it right so i was wondering where they knew what i did not.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You turn the laptop over and read the model from the bottom label, at least that's how I do it. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.