Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Windows Security Center icon would bring up a screen that said that the Norton Firewall, AntiVirus, Autoprotect were working. But now, clicking on the icon brings up the SC, with Windows Firewall and two other programs. A note says the Security Center is turned off, go to Control, select Security Center, click twice to open it. Restart. Nothing happens when I click SC, or right-click OPEN. The Security Center remains off. The Norton products are open and working. I'd run Registry Mechanic this morning, but I do that almost every day, and the Security Center worked. (I'm a newbie, so be kind.) Thanks

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Try a system restore to before the problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Oz. I'd tried that. It won't restore further back than 10AM this morning, and that didn't help. (Advanced Restore wouldn't go further back, either.)

·
Registered
22,504 Posts
I know Norton shuts off Windows Firewall and I have never seent he Security center run with another antivirus onboard and recognized, and why on earth would you want it anyway, it is a major annoyance in my opinion.
You could also check in Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services and see if the Security Center is enabled.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your generosity, Rich. I didn't exactly WANT it; it was just there. Your instructions led me to it. It was disabled. I reversed that, and the Security Center is back, recognizing Norton Firewall and Anti-virus, and telling me they're working. It's not really an annoyance, as it doesn't appear unless I click the icon, but I'll probably disable it as it's redundant, as you say. Norton has a small popup every hour or so that says everything's OK. (I could disable that, too, but I tend to err to the over-cautious.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.