Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an inland USB 2.0 4 Port hub from some crappy ebayer... it doesnt work at all, because no drivers were supplied... does anyone here know where i can find drivers for this product? ive googled, and found nothing... i'd really like to get it to work, considering i dont see any physical defects.

also, it has 2 USB male parts.. one is white, and is the main cable.. there is a black one coming out of the male connector that doesnt seem to be part of the main cable.. what is this thing? there also seems to be an ac adapter thing on the side, but it is very small, and even my cellphone charger wont fit inside of it..

whats the deal?

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Hubs don't require drivers. But if its a powered hub then it may require a power adaptor to work. Some work without power and some don't.

If the hub has a model number you can look it up on the web.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Features:
plug and play and hot pluggable
USB bus or external power

would it come up as an "unknown device" in windows when i plug it in?

also, which USB male cable do i plug in? the main one, the little one sticking out of it, or both?

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
i hate ram said:
Features:
plug and play and hot pluggable
USB bus or external power

would it come up as an "unknown device" in windows when i plug it in?

also, which USB male cable do i plug in? the main one, the little one sticking out of it, or both?
The cable that goes from the PC to the Hub should be a USB A to B cable. There should only be one B connector on the hub.

You can also try the hub on another computer to see if it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
The second male "A" plug will be used to increase the power (by drawing off 2 ports) when the hub is used without an adapter, at a guess. Only one of the plugs will actually carry the data connection to the hub though, and that needs to be plugged in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased a port replicator from ebay also. It did not come with anything just the main device. It was a targus port hub. When I connected it to the USB Windows XP Professional SP2 did not install any drivers for it. I had to download the latest XP drivers at the Targus website. Then I installed them, restarted and one by one it added all the ports the hub had and the hub, and then it all worked fine. So you should need the drivers, because for me it did not work without them. Im sure a USB hub, is quite similar to a Port Replicator hub, that both connect to the USB.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no, its definitely connecting to a 2.0 pci.

as for drivers, the company that made my device is apparently too good for a website.. or drivers, for that matter.. and i know it should 'work' with xp.. but its not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Look for the exact device, made by a different manufacturer. Download the generic drives, or look for F.A.Q's about there product on there website. Im sure you will find your problem solution using there support for there product.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.