Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following window is an outlook generated window bu it will not go away even after I click No or the exit button. It makes it impossible to read email.

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook Do you want to allow this?
If it is undexpected it may be a virus and you should choose NO.

I used Norton and it came up with 7 Trojan Horse viruses and fixed them,,,but the problem in Outlook is persists.

Anyone familiar with this? How can I get rid of this window.

marsky

·
Administrator
123,556 Posts
Hi Marsky and welcome to TSG.

It sounds like there is still some viral activity possibly going on. It would be a good idea to do the following.

Download HIJACK THIS, scan and post the saved log here for an expert to take a look at as I’m not qualified to analyze the log.

Please do this. Click here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadg...a8baee6434cfc13
to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files). Click on the Hijackthis.exe.

Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

Cookie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out that the issue was with my downloading Microsoft SR3 and my spam protector program (SpamNet by Cloudmark) did not update whatever they needed to update to prevent this problem. By going to SpamNet I was able to download the upgrade and it resolved the problem.

The Microsoft referfence to this is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263073

marsky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.