Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running windows 98 and today I just did something dumb. In My Computer--to --display--somehow I increased the size of the fonts to 200 percent. I hit the "apply" in spite of a warning that this will not work on some programs. Little did I know that it would not work in that program, because the fonts are so large and the window so large that I cannot access the button to cahnge the font now--it is below the toolbar. Is there anything I can do to fix this in another way? Thank you for patience--

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Reboot your computer in Safe Mode, make your changes and then reboot back into Normal mode.
To boot into Safe Mode, reboot and hit the f8 key a few times (just after your drives are detected) until you get the start up menu. Choose Safe Mode.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I would do a registry restore. Reboot the computer. Hold down the CTRL button until you see the boot menu. Choose Command prompt only. At tha prompt type

scanreg /restore and press enter

Choose the Registry from the date right before. That would be today's because it was saved when you first booted.

All other changes will be lost too. But you'll be back to where you were before this happened.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Photobug emailed to say the prob is resolved:
thank you so much for your timely, understandable reply. I rebooted into safe mode, which I would have not known how to do without your instructions (f8) and fixed the problem! Thank you. And I have learned something as an added bonus.
Thanks for letting us know, photobug, and glad you got it resolved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.