Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Hope this is an easy fix, but I had recently reinstalled Win98SE, updated Outlook and IE to version 6.
The problem is for example, I go to a webpage, see a thumbnail picture, click on it to enlarge. Ok, when it starts to come up, the picture is big, maybe a little bigger then the window frame, but then it downsizes to fil the entire picture in the frame. Doesn't matter what site.
Is ther a way to disable this downsizing? Of course, if I did get the big image, I'd have to scroll up and down to see it all, that's not a problem.
Which setting would I need to adjust to eliminate this from happening?
Thanks in advance!
Gary "Rabbitt"

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
have a look in
internet options>
advanced>
scroll down till you find
auto resize image> is this ticked

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Etaf,
I looked in that tab and did not see that option you mention.
The only thing that was not ticked regarding images was in Multimedia and was the "Show image downloaded placeholders".
Under "Accessibility" there was a box unticked for "Always expand ALT text for images." I don't think that is it.
Anywhere else I can look?
Thanks!
Gary

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
perhaps its a feature of IE6 SP2
its the first item in multimedia

what version of IE6 is it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Etaf,
When I updated I used the Windows update page. I installed IE6 and latest SP version and Outlook6
I just looked at the "About" tab on IE. It said IE v.5.50.4807.2300 and Update service SP2"
Has me confused. I thought I had installed IE6. I looked in the C: Program files and found Internet Explorer. Looked at the license.txt and said it was indeed IE6 SP1.
Could it have possibly not installed fully? Still have the setup.exe for IE6 in that folder. As far as I know I installed it already, but the "About" says only IE 5.5. My "System Information" page also shows v.5.50
Should I try installing again? I don't want to open a can of worms with this. Thanks, sir.
Gary

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
looks like you only have version 5.5
what was the old version on your PC before you tried to instal v6

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again Etaf,
Thanks for taking time for me.
Previously I was using 5.5. When updated the icons had a new look and all, so I thought that IE6 was installed. In any case this is where I am now:

I used the IE6.exe and installed version 6 now. The "About" page" now shows V.6.0.2800.1106 and SP1
I went to a test site and the image still resized itself.
Started to load with the scrollbars, but flipped to the downsized image.
Do I need to find SP2?
Here's another odd thing. When I went to the system info page, this is what was shown for my version of IE:

Is this just a glitch somewhere in the registry, showing "IE 5 6.0.2800.1106" making it show up in the system info? Should show 6.0.2800.1106 right? Why the 5 is in there?
Any problems you've heard of with SP2, before I install it?
Thanks a bunch my friend.
Gary
Odd indeed.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
just looked at a ie6 v sp1 PC (but does have all the latest hotfixes on) and that has the resize option in advanced.

looking on the web IE 5.5 does not have the resize function

so you have the functionality of IE6 but with out the control -

do you have in advanced tab under multimedia "enable image toolbar(requires restart)"
in my versions its under the
"enable automatic image resizing"

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Etaf,
I finally got the boxes available in the Media section of advanced! :)
Don't know why they were missing before. But it is OK now
I unchecked the box and the images don't resize. Great! Thanks so much for your time and help.
Everything is fine now, but one small thing. The image I posted earlier, the "System Info" image shows that same thing> IE 5 6.0.2800.1106

I dont know why there is a "5" in there. Well there is no way I am running both, so I think it must be an error in the registry line making that appear.
Where in the registry would I correct that, if possible.
It is not a big deal, as I can leave it as it is.
Thanks again, and best to you my friend!
Gary "Rabbitt"

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
pleased you made it work - glad to have been of some assistance - i dont play around with registry, so maybe someone else can advise.
shame you dont know how you got the options available

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.