Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out the trial version of Norton Ghost, and from what I could tell, it has not option available to create a bootable floppy. So... what's a good utility I could use?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you create this floppy with Norton? I just checked out the trialware that's on their website right now, and it seems like there isn't an option available to create a floppy. Is this option missing from the trialware??

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi,

You need to buy the software, it would not be included in a trial version.

Norton trial software is a tricky product. They are not fully functional time limited products. At least one, Partition Magic shows you exactly what changes it would make or could make but does not actually do anything.

You could also look at xxclone

hth

Ceri

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I found a free utility to download that makes a bootable floppy, and has a very smooth looking GUI.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hdclonefree.html

Edit: I take that back. This utility seems to only create ghost like files (used the destination hard drive to back up the source hard drive in 3 large files, instead of actually copying the drive like I wanted it to. There is an option to copy from a partition of your choice to a drive, but the option is not supported in the free edition).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.